Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tag? Don't judge me.

So, a few months ago a fellow Blogger put the challenge out to me or in the Internet chain letter format - she tagged me.  I am now required to write  7 random/weird facts about myself or I will have some sort of issue throughout my life - Just kidding - I don't think there is any sort of curse with waiting to expose these personal facts other than taint my image.  I am hoping it will be fun my readers won't think I am a freak! 

I'll be honest this is tricky...  how do I pick which 7 of my quirks do I feel okay with sharing....

  1. I am a shoe freak -it's true.  One day I went to Canadian Tire to by a shelf to store all my shoes and they don't fit...  The shelf has 8 shelves and the shoes are doubled up (One on top of the other) on each shelf, some summer sandals and flip flips are piled 3 and 4 pairs high because they are flat.  Each shelf has approximately between 10 and 12 pairs on it.... Do the math.... The top shelf has boots because they are taller and don't fit in the shelf. PLUS, I have 2 boxes with other shoes that didn't make it onto the shelf.  All of this is kept secretly in the basement - that way people can't bug me when I say I need to buy new shoes. 
  2. I like to garden.  Yes - it's true!  I like to grow my own vegetables and flowers.  My favorite is when I get to pick them and put them fresh into a salad and serve them to friends...  I love that feeling of "home made".
  3. I have to have my dishes and glasses stacked a certain way in the cupboard... It's not like I think the world will end if they are stacked differently but it makes me uneasy...  I have had friends over for dinner and after we are all done and doing dishes I will see them put a green bowl on top of an orange bowl...  my blood pressure jumps and I try to ignore it.  Once the coast is clear I re-arrange it a go on living peacefully.
  4. Everyday I walk my dog in an off leash park that is bordered by a residential alley.  This is where the garbage pick up is as well.  I am not a garbage picker but I saw a vintage floor lamp, circa 1950's siting in the alley behind someones house so I grabbed it and continued walking with my dog.  I carried it all the way through the park and got it home.  Not only was the light bulb left in it still working the lamp works just fine!    
  5. So many people including Hailey, (the fellow blogger who has me exposing my weirdness to the world) love the TV show Gilmore Girls.  I don't get it.   I have never been interested in it.  The dialogue is way too over the top - no one actually talks like that - the script writers are clever but it is so rehearsed...  I think I have watched 3 episodes ever.  I can't have those hours back now. I know many people like it but I have never connected with it.
  6. I always secretly laughed and mocked those people who had "Dog Art".  Especially those velvet pictures of dogs sitting at a card table, wearing people clothes while the dogs drank, smoked and gambled.   Although it probably fit in well in their 1970 inspired "rumpus room" with avocado green shag rug and wood panelling.  I remember looking closely at these dogs and it was a fun picture - kinda kitschy!  But I always thought my art design taste was more contemporary with classic styling.  I am drawn to modern versions of classical design.  Well, last summer I was looking for something to hang in my front room.  Guess what I bought??
  7. Sometime after Survivor aired I became drawn into this world of reality television.  I think I have watched almost every reality TV show made!!!  The trashier the better!!!  Everything from Big Brother, the Bachelor, Paradise Hotel, The Apprentice, Average Joe, Beauty and Geeks, America's Next top Model, Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire and the list goes on.  I maybe don't watch the whole series but I like to see what they are about.  I don't like to admit it but I always wonder what I would be like on a Reality show.  I would apply for the Apprentice - it is one of my favorites! 
Well, I guess that wasn't so bad.  Now you know some weird little facts about me.
Don't judge me!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - You are a Nerd!
But I love it!
Are we gonna go for coffee this week? I start nights at the hospital next week and I don't want to have to wait until after your trip to see you.
Let's meet this weekend. Maybe Saturday afternoon?

hailey said...

I've only just read this now!!!!! Love it Erin!!!!

Thumbs up to Gilmore Girls. HOLLA!

hailey said...

hehe I had to give my shout out to Gilmore Girls...
(Cause you secretly love it)

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?