Saturday, June 7, 2008

New condo development or squatters? Bad either way.

The international squatters' symbol
Did you know this is the international symbol for squatters??  
I didn't.

Well let me tell you the latest news.  I have two new developments in my community that have invaded my property.
I am not sure what to do.  They have just moved in and taken up residence in their newly built homes.  One is actually more upsetting than the other.

1.  The squirrel.
I live in a neighborhood with big trees, shrubs and a large field.... Sort of like a giant urban forest. I have noticed more wild life hanging around.  
Usually birds and wild rabbits but there is a new squirrel  that has been seen frequenting my yard.   It actually was just chilling out on my neighbors garage.  My dog freaks!!!  

Not sure if it going to be a nuisance or if it is going to be like a friendly little Rocky - as long as Bullwinkle stays far away from my yard I think it will be ok. 

2. The Condo....
I just planted some flowers in a window box I have that sits under my garage window.  The other day I was watering it when I noticed this attached to the bottom of the flower box.....
A wasp's nest!!!!!
What am I suppose to do???   
I also noticed tonight they are already building a second layer - it is getting bigger..... 
Look closely and you will see in the picture the are building a vestibule in the second layer.... an outside courtyard renovation taking place by these crazy wasps!!  Every time I would get close they would come shooting out kamikaze style at my face.  I had to cinch up to protect my head. Freaky!!!
So I need a plan.  I might start a petition and send it to the property developer - but that doesn't always work.  I might have to take action myself!! 
I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell from the pictures, how big is the nest?
Are you just going to hose it off with your garden hose? Make sure you don't go into anaphylactic shock!
ps. we haven't talked in a long time - call me.

hailey said...

OH MY GOSH.

I want to cry.

That is the scariest thing I have seen ALL DAY.