Thursday, June 14, 2007

No Opennings in June

June is always the busiest month for me. It feels like everything comes to head just before the start of summer and then things start to slow down. I know this isn't a new thing - most people feel this way but I am trying to figure out why it seems to happen to me. If I look at people who really feel this influx of scheduling and bookings they are usually people who have children or are students themselves. I also have some friends who are teachers and they have to get all their work done before summer as well. But I am none of the above! You would think I would be feeling great and enjoying the spring-like temperatures but instead I am on the go every night, all weekend long and there seems to be no end in sight. Perhaps it has to do with the weather as well, for the most part we are indoors for the winter and when the first sign of good weather comes everyone wants to get out and do stuff. I don't want to sound like I am complaining because I am not - in fact - I like being busy! However, when other things are left or dropped entirely that starts to irritate me. I have a long list of things that need doing but they might have to wait until July. I guess I get to spend the first part of July doing housework, laundry, landscaping, and the many other untouched concerns that are being back-burner-ed until a later time. Oh well - I guess that just means I get to enjoy this month as a social butterfly and next month I will be grounded as a home body... And maybe work on my tan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW - You are one busy girl! I have been working nights in the er at the hospital but maybe in july we can go for coffee?